If you are trying to lose weight, one of the most important things to consider is what you are eating for breakfast each morning. What you put into your body to jump-start your metabolism actually has a huge effect on the way your body burns calories and processes food every day. Starting the morning with a healthy snack is a great way to give yourself energy for the coming day. However, just because you need to eat healthy in the morning doesn’t mean that you need to eat a super boring snack! These Supreme Breakfast Biscuits were originally inspired by a Weight Watchers recipe, and they are so delicious that your friends and family will definitely want to steal them. They also can be made in huge batches, so you’ll have tons to get you through the week.
- Start by cooking one pound of bacon until it is crisp. You can also use bacon crumbles if you would prefer.
- Then, scramble a total of 18 eggs and cook thoroughly.
- Mix the cooked bacon in with the scrambled eggs, and then add two cups of grated cheese and four sausages. If you don’t like cheese or sausage, but would like to substitute with another filling (such as vegetables, for example), then add those in here.
- Take your biscuit dough (can be homemade or store-bought) and flatten. You can use a rolling pin or even a pasta machine for this. Cut into pieces and put a spoonful of the egg mixture inside. Then, fold the dough back over the egg mixture and pinch to seal.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are a nice golden color.
These biscuits are great because they give you both carbs and protein to start off your day. They can also be sealed and frozen for future reheating, perfect for those who are busy and don’t have much time to cook. Looking for more great ideas to kick start your day? Here are some easy breakfast ideas to get you started.
These are a fun and easy way to start your morning, particularly if you need something portable that you can take with you to work or school. Layer some yogurt, granola, and fruit of your choice in a cup, and add sugary treats if you want to make things a little more fun. Bring a spoon and you can snack all morning long.
Avocado and Egg on Toast
This is a perfect healthy breakfast that provides a light, savory start to your day. Toast two slices of bread, then smash an avocado and spread over the top. Then, cook an egg your favorite way and place over the top to add some protein, and you are good to go for the day.
Peanut Butter and Waffles
If you’re obsessed with waffles, you can easily make them a bit healthier by adding some peanut butter on top for protein, and pairing with some berries on the side for healthy fruit. Use a multigrain waffle mix to make things even healthier.